Listen To Texas Country Music
This article is for all of those Texas Country Music lovers out there. After 2013 came to a close we have thought about all the great country music that has just been introduced to us in that year. Reflecting seems to always put your mind in a great place when you are listening to your favorite track by your favorite Texas Country Music artist. The year 2013 certainly provided us with some awesome music that nobody could have ever thought possible. Who would have thought that over all this time that Texas Country Music has been in existence they could still continue to give us such awesome music to listen to and enjoy? Well in our reflection on the year 2013, we thought it would be great to give you our top 5 Texas Country Music songs of that year. Therefore, we hope you will sit back and enjoy our top 5 Texas Country Music picks of 2013.
5. Coming in at number 5 on our Texas Country Music list is Zane Williams with "Sure Felt Like Goodbye".
This great hit from his album titled "Overnight Success" has definitely left a great mark on so many hearts in 2013. Everyone can relate at some point with that feeling that someone who is leaving you just might have had enough of you and not want to say. If not that, you know someone who just can't seem to love back and will always find a way to leave you hanging on every moment with them. This is why this song has tugged so many hearts in 2013 and Zane definitely put his heart into that entire album.
Click the player below to take a listen to Zane Williams -"Sure Felt Like Goodbye":
4. Our number four choice was a little harder to make, but we had to decide and made our choice which is Jason Boland and the Stragglers and their song "Dark and Dirty Mile".
This being their seventh studio album since 1999 we have really been enjoying the music and voice of Jason Boland for so long it's just a given that if you mention Jason Boland and the Stragglers you already know that you are going to get some great music no matter what.
Click the player below to take a listen to Jason Boland and the Stragglers - "Dark and Dirty Mile":
3. Showing up on our list at number three we had to make it Sons of Fathers and their song "Roots and Vine". It just wouldn't have been a 2013 list without admitting we were also listening to "Roots and Vine" just like so many other Texas Country Music veterans. Enjoy the link for this great hit from their album titled "Burning Days". What's more awesome is that this is only their sophomore album. Therefore, we await more music to listen to from Sons of Fathers for many years to come.
Click the player below to take a listen to Sons of Fathers - "Roots and Vine":
2. Getting down to our last two songs was a pretty hairy decision to make with so many great hits to choose from. After all was said and done, we chose our number 2 song which is one from our favorite uncle. We're talking about Uncle Lucius with "Keep the Wolves Away". This nice song that seems like it should become an instant classic barely fell to our number two slot.
Click the player below to take a listen to Uncle Lucius - "Keep the Wolves Away":
Who made it to our number one spot?
1. Number one spot goes to our sisters (no relation). We're talking about the Whiskey Sisters with their song "Let's Drink".
We can't help it. We're kind of suckers for women playing guitars round these parts.
Click the player below to take a listen to Whiskey Sisters - "Let's Drink":
Well, we hope you have enjoyed our round-up of top five Texas Country Music songs of 2013. Hopefully you have agreed with most of our song selections. Did you have the same number one in mind as we did? If not, what was the music you listened to that you believe should have made our list of Texas Country Music songs?